Are you always busy, and always on the go? Do you need to always have your computer around, but at the same time worried your PC will be hacked or infected? If you said yes to all those questions, Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus might be what you are looking for.
The two most noticeable things about Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus are its great list of features, and its lightweight footprint. What do you mean when you say a software has a lightweight footprint? This means it is not grabby on system resources and it runs real fast. Those two things make Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus really popular with both beginners and experienced users. In fact, it’s one of the fastest virus protection software in the market, and its cost is fairly competitive.
Webroot, the mother company of Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus, has been in the antivirus business for nearly 15 years. To have that long a track record is proof of the company’s ability to produce and sell great products.
Still not convinced this program is for you? In this Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus review, we’ll go over the pros and cons of the product like its unique features, some areas of improvement, etc. Finally, we will throw back to you the most important question: is Webroot SecureAnywhere worth your money?
Why Choose Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus?
As the name suggests, Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus keeps the data in your device safe and secure. And, Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus has great product ratings to prove it. In numerous malware prevention tests in many areas all over the world, Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus received excellent ratings by thoroughly cleaning malware-infected computers.
Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus handles malware in a uniquely different way. The software Webroot analyzes the behavior of suspected malware and stores the analytical protocols in the cloud. This method gives Webroot an improved chance at detecting offshoots of malware programs not listed in a signature database. To give a more concrete example, one test involved downloading samples from Dropbox.
During the test, Webroot immediately informed the user of a malware infection, and offered to delete it. After the malware was removed, Webroot asked the user for permission to scan the computer and eliminate other traces of malware. Other antivirus programs would otherwise ask for a full scan, or wait for a full scan to finish, which tend to be time-consuming. (On a related note, when Webroot SecureAnywhere does a full scan, it only takes five to seven minutes which really isn’t bad).
Going back to the test, after scanning the computer, Webroot was able to delete more threats. After the initial scan, the software performed another scan. The succeeding scanning activity removed all remaining malware without deleting or disrupting any important files in the system. At the end of the test, Webroot detected 100% of the threats and was given a 10/10 rating!
Moving on to its other features, in terms of firewall capabilities, Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus firewall is preconfigured to Internet filter traffic. Once the firewall detects unrecognized traffic, it initially opens an alert where you can either block the traffic or allow it to proceed.
Another great thing about Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus is that it keeps a light touch on your system’s resources. It doesn’t require more than 10MB of RAM to run, which means it doesn’t disrupt your PC’s ability to run smoothly.
Once you buy the software, you’ll immediately notice how well-designed and straightforward the instructions are. If things get muddled as you download the software, Webroot’s technical support is just a phone call away.
Last on our list of our feature discussions is another unique feature of Webroot… Webroot can run side-by-side with another antivirus program. This is an anomaly among antivirus software, but a welcomed one nonetheless. Why play it risky with only one form of protection when you can double up on the defense and go with two. Makes sense right?
Excellent Customer Support
Minimal System Impact
MRG Effitas-Certified Safe for Banking
SandBox Feature for Malware Testing
Small Download File
Ultra-Lightweight Antivirus Software
Blotchy Lab Testing History
Cluttered User Interface
Confusing Customer Support
Less Antivirus Performance
Not Customizable Firewall
Webroot is packed with security features that perform above and beyond what most common antivirus competitors provide. Its “PC Security” feature is integrated with a web shield, firewall, and real-time protection against all kinds of malware.
Webroot comes with a cloud storage service. It has 25GB of backup storage capacity for your computers and smartphones, all hosted on Webroot’s cloud servers. A Disk Cleaner is also integrated into this suite.
File Shredder Tool
Webroot Antivirus has a unique way of launching its file shredder. Instead of opening a specific program, users can go to Webroot’s Secure Erase settings, right-click on a particular file and remove it immediately from the Windows Explorer. Webroot’s File Shredder then scrubs the file clean.
Webroot’s Identity Shield protects devices from malware by blocking sites that steal the users data.
Webroot’s Password Manager works in partnership with company LastPass.Webroot’s Password Manager offers its users superior protection and convenience in accessing online accounts. Some of the password manager’s features are a password vault, auto-fill and save, emergency access, etc.
One of Webroot’s prominent features is its Sandbox tool. The Sandbox tool runs dubious programs in an isolated environment to determine if they are safe or not, making it even harder for potential intruders to touch a device’s system.
24/7 Tech Support
Windows Operating System Compatibility
|Operating Systems||Windows 10 (32Bit | 64Bit); Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 (32Bit | 64Bit); Windows 7 (32Bit | 64Bit); Windows 7 SP1 (32Bit | 64Bit); Windows Vista 32Bit (All Editions); Windows Vista SP1, SP2 (32Bit | 64Bit)|
|RAM||Intel Pentium/Celeron; AMD K6/AMD Duron/Athlon; 128MB (Minimum); 2GB (Recommended)|
|Hard Disk Space||15MB|
|Supported Browsers||Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; Internet Explorer|
Mac Operating System Compatibility
|Operating Systems||OS X 10.9 (Mavericks); OS X 10.10 (Yosemite); OS X 10.11 (El Capitan); macOS 10.12 (Sierra); macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)|
|RAM||128MB (Minimum); 2GB (Recommended)|
|Hard Disk Space||15MB|
|Supported Browsers||Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari|
Android Operating System Compatibility
|Operating Systems||Android OS 4.4 (Kit Kat) or Later|
|Devices||Android-Compatible Smartphones and Tablets; Nook; Kindle|
Mac Operating System Compatibility
|Operating Systems||iOS 10 or Later|
|Devices||iPhone; iPad; iPod Touch|
How To Use
Think Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus will be a good fit for your home or business?
Learn more about its features and current price here.
Once you’ve made your purchase, follow the steps below to install the software on your device.
- Verify if your computer meets the minimum requirements mentioned above
- Read the License Agreement
- Make sure your PC or device is connected to the internet
- Make sure you have the Keycode. If you don’t, you may check here
- Uninstall previous versions of Webroot Security software
Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus Download – Windows PC
- Begin the installation process either from an installer file or CD:
– If you have the installation CD, insert the CD into the Disk Drive. An installation window pops up. Click on the button to start the installation process.
– If you want to download the installer file, click here.
- Input your Keycode in the field. Your keycode may be found in your email if you purchased the product online.
- If needed, click Installation Options located on the lower part of the dialog to make changes on the following option:
– Randomize the Installed Filename To Bypass Certain Infections Settings
– Protect the Webroot Files, Processes, and Memory from Modification Settings
– Change Language
- After making changes to the settings, click Agree and Install
- If you are prompted, input your Email Address
- Click Continue
- Once the installation has been completed, you can click Continue to exit from Webroot SecureAnywhere.
- If you want to navigate to the Main Interface, choose Click here to view your Dashboard now
Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus Download – Mac
- Download and install the Webroot SecureAnywhere Installer
- Double-click wsamac.dmg to launch the installer
- Drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere icon into the Applications folder
- Double-click the folder icon to launch the Applications folder
- In the Applications folder, double-click the Webroot SecureAnywhere icon to start activation
- Choose your preferred language from the Language Selection Dialog and click Next
- Input your Keycode and click Activate
- Input your Email Address and click Continue. Otherwise, click Cancel to skip this process
- If prompted, input your Administrator Account Username and Password
- Click OK
- Click Create Account if you need the Password Management feature. Otherwise, you can click Skip if you wish to create your account later.
- If you create an account, input all required details
- Click Register Now
- In the next step, you will be prompted to install a Safari Extension. If you wish to install it, click Install Safari Extension. If not, click Skip
- In the Safari Panel, click Install
- When you have successfully activated the product, click Scan Now
- Once the scanning process has been completed, click Close and you will be navigated to the Main Window.
Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus Download – Android
- Launch the Google Play Store
- Search for Webroot and install the Mobile Security app on your Android device
- Once the installation is done, open the app
- Tap Agree & Launch
- If you already have the Keycode, tap Activate and input your SecureAnywhere Keycode. If not, tap Skip
- Once the Keycode has been activated, tap OK
- If you want to make changes on the default settings, tap Fix This Now.
- Tap View Additional Features
- After going through all the settings, tap Finish
Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus Download – iOS (SecureWeb App)
- Launch the App Store
- Search for Webroot SecureWeb and install the Webroot SecureWeb Browser on your iOS device
- Input your Apple ID and Password
- Once the download has been completed, tap the SecureWeb icon to launch the app
- To open the Password Management feature, tap the key icon in the SecureWeb toolbar.
- Input your SecureAnywhere Username and Password. If you don’t have an account yet, click Sign up now
Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus Download – iOS (Backup & Sync App)
- Search for Webroot Backup & Sync and install the Webroot Backup & Sync on your iOS device
- Input your Apple ID and Password
- Once the download has been completed, tap the Webroot Backup & Sync icon to launch the app
Founded in 1997, Colorado-based company Webroot is the first group to use cloud and artificial intelligence to block zero-day threats in real-time. Webroot secures businesses and individuals worldwide with threat intelligence and protection for endpoints and networks.
In 2019, Webroot, and its parent company Carbonite, was acquired by OpenText, a global frontrunner in Enterprise Information Management. As a group, they’ve been continually recognized as a global leader in providing complete endpoint protection, cyber resilience, and disaster recovery for all types of businesses. Through its SecureAnywhere virus protection products, they’ve developed several antivirus packages for personal and corporate needs.
Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus is an excellent choice if you are looking for good but affordable Internet security software. The product is not too expensive, and works very fast when it runs on your device, requiring almost zero space on your PC. Webroot’s Sandbox tool and two-factor authentication features are some of the most appealing parts of the product, they provide the software with more capability to detect different types of viruses.
If you feel that your digital life will be enhanced by purchasing Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus, what are you waiting for? Go and give it a try. Itching to pair Webroot Antivirus with another virus protection software? Feel free to go through some of our antivirus reviews or internet security reviews to choose the best partner for this product.