Avast Premium Security succeeds Avast Premier and Avast Internet Security, both of which have already cemented their spot on the firewall hierarchy. Like its siblings, Avast Premium Security prevents viruses, spyware, and other malicious threats from infecting your PC. It also protects your data against malicious access by dangerous fake websites, ransomware, hackers, and spammers while you are online. Available when you upgrade for a fee from the free version, the all-inclusive Avast Security Premium works well with macOS and Windows.
Why Choose Avast Premium Security?
Avast Premium Security goes beyond the extensive protection provided by other software firewalls and antivirus solutions. It comes packed with other tools created by the experts at Avast, for the complete defense of your digital life. The set of features includes specialized ransomware shields that stop attempts to hold your files hostage. It also performs a full scan of your entire network for vulnerabilities. With phishing site blockers, Avast Premium Security keeps you far away from phishing sites and has a virtual machine to safely run risky files.
Secure deletion utility
Bonus features additional payment
Lower protection rating
Avast Premium Security with a software firewall feature secures your personal photos and documents from being modified, deleted or encrypted by ransomware attacks. This feature scans and secures folders that may contain personal data. Then, it allows you to specify which folders to protect from untrusted applications.
Avast’s Premium Security performs full system scans that can detect malware such as viruses. It can also identify bad browser add-ons, poor search engines, network issues, and performance issues.
One of the main protection components in Avast Premium Security, all Core Shields are enabled by default to provide optimal protection. The Core Shields consist of File Shield, Behavior Shield, Web Shield, and Mail Shield.
An isolated space, Virus Chest safely contains potentially dangerous files or send them to the Avast Threat Lab for analysis. Files in the Virus Chest cannot run or access your system or data. Any malicious code contained within a file is unable to harm your PC. One related feature, CyberCapture detects and analyzes rare, suspicious files. It locks the file from your PC and sends it to the Avast Threat Lab as well.
Formerly known as Home Network Security, Wi-Fi Inspector scans your wireless network for vulnerabilities and identifies potential security issues that open the door to threats. This feature checks the status of your network, devices connected to the network, and router settings.
Safe Online Banking
Safe Online Shopping
Supports Up To 10 Devices
Minimum System Requirements
|Storage:||2GB Free Hard Disk Space|
|Operating System:||Windows 7, macOS 10.10 (Yosemite), Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), or iOS 10.0|
How To Use
- Log in to Windows as a user with administrator permissions and ensure no other application or antivirus software is running on your PC.
- Download the Avast Premium Security setup file, and save it in a familiar location on your PC.
- Right-click the downloaded setup file avast_premium_security_setup_online.exe in File Explorer and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes.
- To change the default setup language, click the current language on the top-right corner of the screen, then click Install to proceed with the default installation. Select Customize to proceed with custom installation.
- Activate: If you already purchased Avast Premium Security before installation, activate your paid subscription.
- Start Free Trial: If you do not have a paid Avast Premium Security subscription.
- Run First Scan to trigger a comprehensive Smart Scan to detect viruses, malware, bad browser add-ons, and other issues on your PC.
Avast launched in 1988, making it one of the oldest companies specializing in computer security solutions like software firewalls. Avast has a network of 400 million users across the globe. The company has been receiving recognition from IT media organizations such as CNET and PCMag.
Avast Premium Security with antivirus and security firewall features is a cross-platform solution for your devices. The Multi-OS and -Device version works well with your phone and computer. Its simplistic interface is a big plus for users. Overall, Avast Premium Security provides a higher level of security compared to its predecessors. The premium features are more than enough for an entry-level software firewall. It covers most of your digital security needs.